Friday, November 2, 2007

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!

This blog is about my railfanning excursions and trains & railroads in Alberta, or east of the Rockies for that matter.

How did the name come about? Well, I was at a grade crossing on a dirt road in Carseland waiting for CPR's Empress 2816 steam train to arrive, which I will post about later, and some of the locals kept driving by making it very dusty. It was a thought in the back of my mind that I wanted to create a blog or website of my adventures. That's when it hit me as I was standing in the middle of a dust cloud. Dust in the air, tracks on the ground, dust in the air settling on the tracks on the ground. Dust on the Tracks. And of course I live east of the Rockies in a town called Turner Valley. As for the two periods in between the two phrases, call it artistic expression if you want, I just felt like putting them there and because I can.

Since I currently don't own any camera equipment of my own except for a 2 mpx point and shoot, my posts will probably be few and far apart. At least until I am able to get my hands on a camera of my own. The camera that I get to use on occasion is borrowed from a family member. I'll talk about the camera gear another time in another post.

Cheers.

No comments: