Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snowplow and Spreader Info update

February 15th, 2011

After a comment left on my Snowplow, Spreader, SOO post by Steve Boyko from the blog Confessions of a Train Geek, I figured I should take a peek in my 2007 Trackside Guide and see what info there is in there about these two pieces of equipment. This is something I should have done in the first place. Oh well, better late than never I guess!

According to the guide, CP snowplow 401034 is a single track plow with wings and was built in November 1950 at CP Angus Shops in Montreal. Apparently all CP snowplows were built there. It was assigned to duty in Revelstoke.

The CP spreader 402853 was built in February 1928 by O.F. Jordan Company with Serial Number 698. It was built as a standard air-operated spreader type B for Ballast Spreader. The guide also says that it is assigned to Alyth(stored). It was numbered 406253 until 1930.

the CP snowplow 401022 that was to be sold for scrap/surplus on CP's website, it was built in October 1930 as a single track plow with wings. It was assigned to duty in Red Deer.Here is a link to the auction page. I can not guarantee how much longer it will be active.

Cheers,

No comments: